Sunday, 5 April 2015

Billowing

TOP: MARELLA (THRIFTED), SKIRT: PRIMARK & SHOES: CLARKS

I really do not frequent Primark. It's not like I'm one of those 'I'm too good for Primark' people, I just have a rule about shopping: if I could get something similar on sale at the same price and better quality, then I'm going elsewhere. Primark really isn't as cheap as everyone raves about. However, I braved going into my local Primark recently when trying to find a new, suitable wardrobe for my holiday in Morocco, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The stock in the store was much better than I remember from my shopping trips with friends in my early teens (although my fourteen strong collection of coloured skinny jeans aged thirteen definitely has Primark prices to thank). 

The skirt fits like a dream, clutching well to your waist and giving an almost peplum feel to the material around your hips- the silhouette (I hope you will agree) is super flattering! You can't quite see, but I paired it all with some coral-coloured sandals, which complimented the pattern wonderfully. I can't help spinning in this skirt, and watching it float around my ankles. It's a princess thing, ok. 

17 comments:

  1. Nice skirt!!
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/2015/04/my-birthday-dinner.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit, you're so pretty. ^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea of a lonely hearts column for your blog as you mentioned in your about page! Such an endearing and relatable throwback, love love love it!!! In addition, I can always appreciate a princess look and you nailed it!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this, such a cute skirt!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit looks so lovely, and you look beautiful! x

    Gina xx

    www.beautifulbrightlight.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really beautiful and I adore this maxi look!
    Many thanks for your friendly words on my blog. Your blog is obviously created with love and now I want to ask you if you want to follow each other?
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    International Giveaway: Zatchels Bag as Thank-You for the Supporter of my Hobby
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following – it's a pleasure for me that I already followed you back on gfc and bloglovin <3

      xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
      International Giveaway: Zatchels Bag as Thank-You for the Supporter of my Hobby
      www.dressedwithsoul.com

      Delete
  7. Beautiful skirt
    You look stunning
    Amazing pictures

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came across your wonderful blog and I'm really impressed! So lovely :)
    Maybe we can follow each other on GFC , facebook and Bloglovin, if you want? Let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colours and pattern in the skirt! X

    Styling ripped jeans for summer over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable dress! :) So unique! You have an amazing sense of style
    -Jenna <3
    Check out my blog and follow? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this maxi skirt, really doesn't look like its from Primark, x

    Unfashionable Sundays Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely gorgeous! I love the pattern on the skirt. I just followed, I'm looking forward to reading your other posts!

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh Morocco!! That sounds like it'll be such a beautiful- and that skirt seems like it would fit right into that vacation :) Also, I'm the same way when shopping. I'm usually just not convinced that the price reflects the quality and I just go somewhere cheaper. We're crafty like that ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful
    Nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your skirt is so beautiful! I'm really loving it.

    Love,
    www.nathalyjuarez.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice :)

    fashionparislover.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete